This post contains affiliate links
Happy Labor Day, everyone!!
Our family started our morning with a treat – my famous Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles.
If you’re interested in making beautiful and delicious waffles like these follow the steps below:
First things first – do you guys have this waffle iron? My dad and I found it a few years ago. Its a 5-in-1 Panini Maker that has a waffle iron attachment. The great thing about it is that the attachments come off so you can run them through the dishwasher!! It’s absolutely amazing!!
Click on the image to get yours!!
First thing’s first, gather all your ingredients.
Preheat your waffle iron. The green light will come one when it’s ready.
Use a potato masher and a tall rimmed plate to mash your banana.
Put your ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Pour them over the waffle iron and then add the chocolate chips on top. Close the lid and cook the waffle for 4-6 minutes. Plate your creation, top it and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup Aunt Jemima's Pancake Mix
- -3/4 cup water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- -1 tsp oil
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat (350 F).
- Use tall rimmed plate to mash your 1/2 banana until all the chunks are gone.
- Combine pancake mix, water, banana, and oil in mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Once Preheated, pour the mixture on the waffle iron and use a spatula to even it out across the waffle iron. Add the chocolate chips on top.
- Cook the waffle for 4-6 minutes or until GBD (golden-brown & delicious).
- Carefully open the lid of the waffle iron and remove your waffle.
- Plate it and garnish how you like.
- Serve warm (and with coffee)
Did you try it? Let us know how it worked for you!!